Based in the Neighbourhood team at Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre
18.5 hours per week. £26,245 pro rata/part time
Fixed term until March 2023
North Halifax Partnership supports the Calderdale ambition to be the most active borough in the North. Working in partnership with Active Calderdale we are looking to appoint an individual to drive this place-based work in North Halifax.
The role involves working within our existing Staying Well team to:
· Engage with Active Calderdale priority groups to understand driving factors for inactivity and support individuals and communities to identify their own solutions.
· To positively engage with local assets – stakeholders and partner organisations that are working with, and supporting the active strategy priority groups, to secure their commitment and collaboration towards delivering the outcomes of the Active Calderdale strategy.
· Embed the Active agenda in existing Staying Well networks to create better conditions that support the strategy priority groups to be physically active.
It is essential that you have
· Experience of community development and engagement
· Knowledge and understanding of the physical activity agenda
You will work closely with the wider Community Programmes Team, including our ‘Active’ Community Organiser to ensure a joined up coherent approach to physical activity at a local level – connecting community assets to maximise local opportunities and reduce duplication.
We are especially looking for someone who will recognise the existing potential in North Halifax and be able to harness the power of the community to address the wider influences on activity levels and find solutions that are practical and lasting.
North Halifax Partnership is a community-led charity with a purpose to support individuals from cradle to grave, and to carry out activities which relieve poverty and disadvantage, promote health and wellbeing, and strengthen communities. From the first Sure Start Children’s Centre to the first Men in Sheds group, North Halifax is an area with a history of successful volunteer and community led programmes.
We deliver children’s centres and family support services; a Staying Well service to tackle loneliness and isolation; the Ovenden and Mixenden Initiative helps people into employment and training, provides youth and diversionary projects and delivers activities that make the community safer, cleaner, greener and more cohesive.
If you are interested and want to know more, contact Rachel Swaby on 07852173685.
Closing date is Wednesday 1st June at 12 noon.