Based in the Neighbourhood team at Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre – 18.5 hours per week – £26,245 pro rata/part time – Fixed term until March 2023
North Halifax Partnership supports the Calderdale ambition to be the most active borough in the North. Working in partnership with Active Calderdale we are looking to appoint an individual to drive this place-based work in North Halifax.
The role involves working with our existing NHX Place Based Social Action Community Organiser to:
- Listen to the community to understand how the driving factors – individual, social, environmental, and transport, are affecting physical inactivity levels in Illingworth, Mixenden and Ovenden wards.
- Build trusting relationships and powerful networks which enable residents, groups, associations, and businesses in the North Halifax wards of Ovenden, and Illingworth & Mixenden to adopt and embed the Active Calderdale agenda, creating better conditions that support the strategy priority groups to be physically active.
- Work with existing assets to develop more accessible, safer and inclusive opportunities to move and be active in communities through community action.
It is essential that you have:
- Experience of community organising, using a recognised and reputable community organising model or process
- Knowledge and understanding of the physical activity agenda
You will work closely with the wider Community Programmes Team, including our ‘Active’ Staying Well Worker to ensure a joined up coherent approach to physical activity at a local level – connecting community assets to maximise local opportunities and reduce duplication.
We are especially looking for someone who will recognise the existing potential in North Halifax and be able to harness the power of the community to address the wider influences on activity levels and find solutions that are practical and lasting.
North Halifax Partnership is a community-led charity with a purpose to support individuals from cradle to grave, and to carry out activities which relieve poverty and disadvantage, promote health and wellbeing, and strengthen communities. From the first Sure Start Children’s Centre to the first Men in Sheds group, North Halifax is an area with a history of successful volunteer and community led programmes.
We deliver children’s centres and family support services; a Staying Well service to tackle loneliness and isolation; the Ovenden and Mixenden Initiative helps people into employment and training, provides youth and diversionary projects and delivers activities that make the community safer, cleaner, greener and more cohesive.
If you are interested and want to know more, contact Rachel Swaby on 07852173685.
Closing date is Wednesday 1st June at 12 noon.