Our Project_Twelve:31 youth project started in March 2016 as a way to address youth antisocial behaviour and raise aspirations.
In partnership with the Police, OSCA Foundation, Busoasis and Lifeline we offer Tuesday night and Thursday night diversionary activities for boys and girls in Ovenden. We also hope to expand our provision in to other parts of North Halifax in 2017.
Our aim is to provide a youth offer in North Halifax that meets the needs of the community and our partners, and that young people want to participate positively in.
Project_Twelve:31 provides structured programmes with clear objectives and we believe that young people should not just be asked what they want but also be involved in planning their own provision.
We have high expectations of our young people, that they will engage positively and follow an agreed code of conduct. We operate a behaviour policy that is restorative rather than punitive and uses the resource of our partners in schools, police etc to support young people, staff and the community.
Key elements in 2017
- Football – with Ovenden Phoenix FC coaches.
- Outreach and positive engagement undertaken with Project 12 partners.
- Girls Programme – Making a Woman of Substance sessions – Involves sessions looking at anger management, sexual health, drugs and alcohol awareness, healthy eating, Your Rights, antisocial behaviour and includes celebration events.
- Girls Programme – Sport activity sessions – taster sessions in yoga, dodgeball, Zumba, Self defence, Zorbing, Climbing, Power Sports delivered by OSCA, Street Games, Orangebox and Yorkshire Sport Foundation.
- Girls Programme – UNIQUE – activities to develop self-esteem, confidence and self-respect.
- MixMatch – Fire and consequences, Prevent, ASB, Community Alcohol Partnership, Choices (Safeguarding/Exploitation/Domestic Violence) sessions.
- Fire Fit – delivered by fire-fighters from West Yorkshire Fire Service and held at Illingworth Fire Station involving drills and physical fitness.
- Running Groups – women and girls training for Pretty Mudder
- Real Life Futures – Employability skills accredited course
Contact us through our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/projecttwelve31
Or ring on 0300 555 0266 for more information.