Ash Green Children’s Centre – Mixenden, Halifax
Innovations Children’s Centre – Ovenden, Halifax
Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre – Ovenden, Halifax
These posts are for unqualified applicants, who will undertake a level 2 in Early Years as part of their apprenticeship.
£5.28 per hour
Do you want a career in Early Years? To help promote and maintain a warm, welcoming, safe, and attractive environment for the children within the centre, working to support the children’s learning, participating in the work, organisation, and development of the centre.
During the apprenticeship you will complete the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care to children who access the nursery
- Ensure a high standard and quality of care is given at all times
- Work in partnership with leaders, managers, and other staff members to ensure an the setting runs effectively on a daily basis
- Work together as a team to provide a positive, structured, and enabling environment in which children are respected and are treated as individuals which will contribute to their play, development, and learning
- Build up and maintain strong relationships with parents and carers to enable children’s needs to be met
- Work in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage statutory framework (EYFS), and other relevant legislation
The setting is looking for the following in candidates:
- Ability to gain knowledge and understand of the EYFS
- Gain knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Be responsible, patient, approachable, and caring
- Have an interest in child development
- Good communication skills
- Work well in a team as well as using individual initiative
- Develop the ability to observe, assess and report child’s behaviour
- You will also be responsible for a small group of children development, by doing so complete their learning journals
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Be creative and carry out ideas in which you may have!
- Enjoy working with children
- Have a sense of humour and be fun!
- Well presented, polite, and well-spoken
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
Working hours will be discussed and agreed at interview/offer stage, 37 hours a week to include study time.
If you would like more information or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Claire France on 01422 243941 (Ash Green), Gail Crabtree on 01422 248222 (Innovations), or Leanne Hartney (Kevin Pearce) on 01422 252209
View the full job description and person specification.
Please send completed CV’s to email@example.com
Closing date for the post is 12 noon on the 17th May 2023
North Halifax Partnership LTD is an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.